Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Don't waste a moment....



Wow…. I really don’t know how else to express myself at this moment. So much as gone on in my life over the last week. Last Monday my mother called me in tears about my father and the turn he had taken over night. So Tuesday he was taken to the hospital and Wednesday at 5:45am I was on my way to Chicago to my father. I really felt the meaning of “my plans are not always His” that day. I was excited to go to Drew’s football game and so excited to spend time with my ladies from bible study and all the homecoming activities I had planned with friends from work. All I can sit here and say is that God is so unbelievable good I can’t even express it.

So, after 6 days away and some crazy getting back to Texas stories, a night in a hotel with some woman I have never met in Little Rock, AR just for starters, I made it home. When I returned I finally put my head on my own pillow. I had spent every night in a chair at my father’s bedside and had little sleep. When I woke up I sat up in bed and looked over and saw that Carlos had left his book on my bedside table while staying with the boys. The book was by John Piper called “Don’t Waste Your Life.” I opened it up and was marveled at what I read. It would be so easy for me to be upset about my life or just continue to live in my brokenness but that is truly a waste and this young lady has no intentions of living there!!!!!!! THAT’S A PROMISE!!!!!

My father is now in a nursing home and unable to walk, eat, speak, or care for him self in anyway. He went to bed Sunday night feeling great and woke up Monday morning with nothing. God has a plan!! It is a beautiful plan. My earthly father has left me a legacy of a man that truly loved God and followed hard after him. He didn’t waste a moment nor shall I!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment