Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's so good looking back in the hope of whats ahead.

On this first day of the year I took a little stroll through the past. I got out an old journal and read through some of the pages visiting days gone by. It would have been very easy to read those pages and become filled with grief over past mistakes and choices that lead to a harder road then I cared to travel. That didn't happen. As I read each page I became filled with more and more hope. I saw the goodness of God. I shall a never ending love for me. I saw redemption and grace and mercy. I saw restoration. I saw a beautiful future with a savior who never fails, a savior who only knows how to do and bring good into my life. As I laid in bed last night for a few minutes a slight bit of fear entered my mind. I began to think of how I might mess up in the upcoming year and what trouble I would find myself in. It amazed me how quickly it struck me that there was no way I was embracing the fear that satan so desired for me to grab. With that fleeting minute my thoughts turned to what a wonderful adventure I had waiting for me on the dawn and how every single second of it would be for my good and would continue to grow and mold me into His daughter.
I am encouraged and full of hope on this dawn of a new year!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment