Thursday, June 17, 2010

can you imagine...

"But a question remains: How can God do this? How can God justify the ungodly and yet be just? God can justify the ungodly by pouring out his wrath on a perfect substitute, on one who had no sin. Christ was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities and by his stripes we are healed. God treated Jesus as if he had personally committed every sin by every person who would ever believe although in reality he never committed any of them. He was a perfect substitute. And when Christians go into the world, this is the message we need to tell people, that Christ paid in full for all who would believe. This is why Jesus needed to die."

Sometimes I read things like this and it stops me dead in my tracks. I have a heart that is so desperately wicked. My sins are so great and so deep and have affected so many. My thought is that I have to be reconciled to everyone. That I need to make peace with all. That I need to make things right. Ever more so when I have stepped out and now are looking back and see it clearly. This I suppose is where my codependency comes into play. Wanting the approval of the world and everyone in it. Making sure that all is right and sometimes that's just not the case. Then I read something like this and I realize, Jesus paid it all. It's okay. My sin is covered. I can look back at past poor behaviors and it's okay. Christ has paid it and it's forgiven. That's enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment