Tuesday, September 7, 2010

two thoughts this morning....

I love this new schedule. It works that I get up at 5:45am, make Drew his three egg breakfast, take him to school by 6:30am, and then have an hour before I have to start getting ready for work by 9:00am.

So thought one, which has been on my mind a lot lately and was reiterated for me by RC Sproul this morning. It really got me thinking again. I see people with these wonderful gifts and such evidence of the fruit of the Spirit and I have thought a lot about why perhaps it doesn't show in my life and how do I make it more evident?? I loved his words about it this morning. I really want God's fruit in my life to just pour out, not only my family more but others around me. I need to fight for that more. Not just wish for it but fight for it.

"All of our labor in sanctification would yield no fruit if God were not working in us. Ultimately, it is His fruit in that He is the source of it and power for it. But the full measure of the fruit of the Spirit requires that we work. We are to work not casually or occasionally. Our labor is to be done in fear and trembling.

Coram Deo: God is at work within you. Are you cooperating?" RC Sproul

My other thought lately has been about relationships with men. I have had the wonderful opportunity to get to know Heather Chavez, Chris Chavez's wife, he's on staff at The Village. She is just such a wonderful woman. She told me all about her dating Chris and I was just blown away. The time that they spent praying before deciding if they should go have coffee, fasting before pursuing a relationship to be sure of God's will. I never did any of that when considering who I liked and if I would go out with them. Another was this guy named Joel from the Denton campus sharing with me about having to speak to a gal's mentor before going on a first date and the godliness that I saw coming from him in wanting to do the right thing there and be above reproach in all of it. These men give me hope. I won't settle ever!!!!! You can take that to the bank! I have not dated since arriving and as each day passes and I hear these stories and see so many godly men at The Village I'm holding out for that man. If he never comes then that's fine also. I love that God has shown Himself so mighty in my life that it's okay for me and that my desire for a man that is not going to let me look at anything but Christ for my foundation and stability is just so excited. Having someone thinking of Christ first in my life instead of their own selfish pleasures is just such a wonderful thought. It's out there!!! Mind you, not perfection but a man with a true heart for the Lord. AMEN

So those are the thoughts that have been on my mind lately and I can't tell you the excitement it stirs in me to push hard for that fruit and the peace of knowing that God is so much more than enough. I have a joy in him and a contentment that allows me to never have to settle.

I hope everyone is as excited about fall as I am and just daily sees new beautiful pictures of the Lord at work in our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment