Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year!!

The Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way you went until you came to this place. Deut. 1:31

This place that I have arrived.... A new year.

I can't get through a year without dredging through the mud at some point in some way. I live in a world full of sin with humans with hearts full of sin. It's easy to look back at my past and allow it to chart the course for my future but that's not the plan God has for me. I have a year ahead of me full of hope and opportunities to glorify my great God. Not an ounce of my pain was wasted or lost. It was a picture of grace and forgiveness and love from my Savior. Those moments shape me and lead me into a new year of change.

How thankful I am to have a God who loves me and desires to be glorified in my life, willing or unwilling. A God full of mercy and grace with plans of hope and a future for me. I get to start again, I get to look back at my past for just a moment and thank the God of the universe for loving me. Now, I get to look at the future with such great hope, with such great excitement. He has shown me much. This year will have disappointment and sorrow but there will always be glory in it through Him. He is always at work and I can't wait to work with Him as He molds me and makes me and is glorified through me.

I can't wait for this year!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment